Cash App allows its users to choose from one of the two accounts while creating a new Cash App account on its platform. You can either choose to create a ‘Personal’ account or opt for the ‘Business’ account based on your preferences. Both have similar features and functionalities but are different in some or other way. Besides this, you can also switch from a Cash App Personal account to Cash App for Business account.
First, we shall learn a few basic things about Cash App such as the transaction fee and transfer limits. After that, we shall have a glance at setting up a Cash App for Business accounts.
Cash app for business accounts – Use, Fees, Limits
What are some uses of Cash App for Business?
- You don’t need to appoint someone to carry out your Business transactions because Cash App has got you covered.
- Anyone can use a Cash App Business account including small-scale business owners as well as entrepreneurs.
- After receiving the 1099-K form, you can do as many as 200 transactions. This would allow you to receive up to $20,000 directly via Cash App.
Does Cash App charge any transaction fees?
The transaction fees charged from the Cash App Business account holder is 2.75% per transaction when a business receives payment via this platform. However, if you make a payment to someone, you won’t be charged any fees. In case you send money from a business account to a linked bank account, you shall be charged 1.5% for the same. However, payment made via the credit card may cost you an additional 3% fee.
What is the exchange limit for ‘Business’ account holders?
Until a user verifies his Cash App account the transactions would be limited on it. As soon as you verify your account, you will be able to send or receive more money via your account. Before account verification, you can pay only $1,000 per month. After that, you can send an amount of $7500 per week.
Setting up a Cash App Business account
- From a browser, go to the https://cash.app/ page.
- Enter your mobile number/email address and click ‘Next’.
- Cash App will now send you a confirmation code.
- Note down this code, enter it in the given space, and tap ‘Next’.
- After that, confirm your full name and tap ‘Next’.
- Add a payment card and you are good to go.
- Note: since the created account type will be ‘Personal’ by default, therefore you need to switch the account type from ‘Personal’ to ‘Business’ using this method:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu of Cash App.
- Navigate to the ‘Personal’ tab.
- Here, change the ‘Account type’ to ‘Business’.
- Use the same steps to switch to a ‘Personal’ account.
- Add your bank account details and you’re done.
Once you add all the requested details and complete all the steps, you will be able to start making transactions. However, you should not forget to complete the account verification.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Cash App Personal and Business?
The only yet notable difference between Cash App Personal and Cash App Business account is that you can make a lot of transactions via the Business account which is not the case with ‘Personal’ account users. However, Businesses shall be charged for making any transactions but personal users won’t.
Is Cashapp good for business?
Cash App, that allows users to create a Business account and manage their transaction is only good for small businesses and entrepreneurs who do not need to undergo a lot of transactions or manage huge finances.
How much can you send on a business cash App?
You can send a limited amount via Cash App Business until and unless you verify your account by providing your SSN details. Before account verification, you can send $250 per week and receive up to $1,000 per month. Once you verify your account, the transaction limit increases.